Misquamicut Beach is the Rhode Island’s state acquired largest & most popular tourist site for swimming, surfing, whales watching & fishing. It is a beautiful beach with high waves that are excellent for body surfing. It is a state acquired beach with near lodging. The clean beach with not many rocks but mainly sand is also accessible to handicapped.
The Misquamicut Beach, with its fabulous views of sunsets, sunrises, unique whale watching, sailing activities, is the best choice in the Rhode Island area. Within a short walking distance to the main state beach, there are many bars, hotels, & restaurants, a kids’ amusement park complete with water slides, carousel, Jet Ski rentals, banana boat rides & gift shops.
Things to do
- Swimming in the warm water is a great fun for all.
- Surfing on the sea tides or Jet Skiing both are thrilling experiences at the beach.
- The beautiful sugar like sand is great for making sand castles & other sand sculptures.
- Clean beach with warm water waves is perfect for boogie boarding or body-surfing.
- There is plenty of sports & entertainment around Misquamicut Beach Rentals if you have booked one.
- Catching fresh fish is convenient & lawful for cooking in the kitchen, attached to the lodges. However, Bar B Q at the beach is not allowed.
When to get there
Misquamicut Beach is the best for spending a gorgeous Saturday with the family. It is also a perfect site for everyday outing of a couple if you live nearby or want to live some days away from home peacefully.
Where to Sleep
Misquamicut vacation rentals are located on the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean in Rhode Island. Misquamicut lodging provides an open floor plan, perfect for a group of friends or entire family. Many of the Misquamicut Beach rentals are 2 or more bedrooms with a kitchen, bathroom & space for many recreational activities like golf, cycling, lawn tennis, walking & hiking etc.
Hotels & Cottages
There are several, nearly fifty, hotels & cottages with amenities & facilities around Misquamicut Beach offering different packages on daily & weekly basis for individuals, couples & groups. Most of them offer online booking & accept major credit cards.
Good to know
- No outdoor games are allowed like flying kites & playing with the Frisbees or balls.
- The pets are also not allowed.
- Fires & grills are banned at the beach.
- Bring your own picnic & beach stuff if you intend to spend a few hours.
- The Misquamicut Beach Rentals are often booked in advance in summers, therefore check for availability & book before you travel.
Read More :